Sunday, November 23

The drawbacks of the holidays

As Thanksgiving approaches I am reminded of all the good things I have in my life while I am also reminded of what seems to be lacking. One of the hardest things right now is the fact that I wont be able to celebrate the holidays with my one great love, Derrick. This is the fourth Thanksgiving that we have had since we started dating and this will be the fourth Thanksgiving that we wont be celebrating together. It is difficult to be both sad and happy right now. I am sad that we can't celebrate it together but I am also happy that my brother is here for the holiday. This might be the last time the whole family will be together before Eric deploys. It is bittersweet which I think is the same for most holidays for most people.

No comments: